The Project Field QA/QC Specialist is a highly
experienced and technically knowledgeable individual who is confident and
personable. This individual is responsible
for the planning and oversight of quality for ongoing PNA projects and handles
all warranty matters on closed projects.
This individual is involved in all phases of ongoing projects including but
not limited to curtain wall design development, submittals, mockups, manufacturing,
and field installation. For closed
projects this individual must react to warranty items as they arise, including forensic
analysis, remedial work, and communication with the building managers. This individual is involved with the
company’s ongoing quality process improvement, and is expected to participate
in ongoing training and professional development to maintain industry technical
excellence. Essentially, the Field QA/QC
Specialist is an “internal consultant” who creates quality accountability throughout
the organization to minimize and costs for both ongoing and closed projects,
which will also allow the company to be an industry leader in overall quality
and technical excellence.
- Travel frequently (roughly 1 trip/week) to the various company facilities, vendor locations, and jobsites.
- Assist in the project design development and submittal process. Perform shop drawing and product data/sample reviews to foresee and mitigate potential issues during manufacturing, installation, and warranty.
- Display proficiency in the generation of technical communications.
- Actively participate in all phases of project visual and performance mockups, including submittals, planning, production, installation, and testing. Recognize and track all issues in report form to be utilized by internal project team as a post-mortem for corrective action to be introduced for the main project.
- Plan and perform regular quality inspections at vendor and/or subcontractor facilities. This includes aluminum extruders, finishers, glass, gaskets, stone, steel, aluminum, panels and break metals.
- Witness and assist in the fabrication, daily testing, assembly, glazing, and packaging of the curtain wall product.
- Perform regular audits and inspections on current projects. Inspections shall confirm systems are being constructed in conformance with the project quality control plans, approved system details, and all company/industry quality standards.
- React and actively participate in the remediation of quality problems as they occur.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of all required site tests.
- Participate in all phased project kick-off meetings, including project kickoff, performance mock-up, production, and field kickoffs.
- Assist in the development of the field means and methods and logistics plans, with a focus quality measures for each process.
- Generate clear and concise reports from all inspections, including corrective action plans as necessary.
- Assist in the compilation/review of all warranty and operations and maintenance submittals, including samples and final copies.
- Manage all aspects of the warranty process including coordination, planning, execution of all remedial work, and the communication and closure of warranty items with the building managers and clients.
- Monitor warranty costs and work with division management to generate and oversee warranty budgeting.
- Participate in new training and career development opportunities to maintain industry and technical excellence.
- Collaborate with various company functions and departments in quality process improvement initiatives and technical bulletins.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years in Curtain Wall industry, with a specific emphasis on direct technical, field, testing, or shop involvement
Knowledge & Skills:
- Be fluent in Microsoft Office (or equivalent), with an aptitude to learn any required Permasteelisa in-house software
- Have a valid passport and driver’s license due to the need to travel both domestically and internationally
Permasteelisa North America
Mendota Heights, MN
Please apply by e-mailing resumes to: email@example.com
PNA is an AA/EEO employer. The company participates in E-Verify.
June 19th, 2014